In his classical masterpiece called the Bodhicharyavatara, "The Introduction to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life", the legendary 8th century Indian saint Shantideva offers an essential and practical guide to the bodhisattva path.
This text forms the basis of a classical Shedra education and is highly revered.
His Holiness the Dalai Lama says that if he has any understanding of compassion and the bodhisattva path, it all comes from studying this text.
On many occasions Sogyal Rinpoche expressed that he would like the whole Rigpa Sangha to receive teachings on the Bodhicharyavatara.
This study pack provides a great opportunity to study these important teachings at your own pace with noone other than Ringu Tulku Rinpoche.
His essential, practical and humorous approach make the verses of the Bodhicharyavatara accessible to everyone.
Bodhicharyavatara study pack
Here is a study pack with Ringu Tulku Rinpoche’s teachings on the Bodhicharyavatara that he gave in 2015 in Lerab Ling.
This is available to all Mandala students of the Rigpa Sangha.
Price for download pack :
Price for physical pack :
What's in the practice pack?
This Study Pack contains:
- Ringu Tulku Rinpoche’s pithy presentation of the essence of the Bodhicharyavatara given over a week-end from 6th till 7th June 2015 in Lerab Ling
- His essential and practical verse by verse commentary to the first three chapters of the Bodhicharyavatara given from 8th till 11th June 2015 in Lerab Ling
- A guided meditation for cultivating compassion lead by Ringu Tulku Rinpoche
- His best answers to questions during this time compiled around juicy topics
- A study guide with study and reflection questions to help you studying and applying the teachings to your life.
The Study Pack is divided into 6 study parts building up upon each other and each containing around 5-10 sessions of 20-40 minutes length. Additionally you will find a guided practice and seven question and answer compilations you can make use of at any point. In total this pack contains 20 hours 47 minutes of video material. Each session is available in video and audio format in English, French, German and Spanish.
- Part 1 - Being a Bodhisattva (total video time: 2h 21min)
- Part 2 - The Six Paramitas in a Nutshell (3h 21min)
- Part 3 - Preliminary Topics of the Commentary (2h 23min)
- Part 4 - Chapter 1: The Excellence and Benefits of Bodhichitta (4h 22min)
- Part 5 - Chapter 2: Confession of Negativity (4h 23min)
- Part 6 - Chapter 3: Taking Hold of Bodhichitta (1h 34min)
- Guided Practice to Cultivate Compassion (40 min)
- Questions and Answers compiled around Topics (3h 31min)